TEDCO offers design engineering assistance to our valued customers.
Our production specialists will work with you throughout the development of your designs to effectively achieve your cost, performance and volume requirements.
- New product design and development assistance
- Turnkey focus
- We also have industry standard software packages such as AutoCad™, Metalsoft™ Fabriwin, and Solidworks.
- To ensure quality control and clear instructions, our engineers will input every detail of your assembly into our system, creating the process flow and attention to detail that you require.
Our goal is simple: to create a high-quality product that meets your satisfaction, on time and within your budget!
Source File/CADFile Requirements
There are several options for sending electronic files:
- Via e-mail, send to email@example.com
- Mail a CD:
P.O. Box 2376
6736 Preston Avenue, Ste. A
Livermore, California 94551
To expedite service and provide the most accurate parts, all CAD files must have an attached file or notes providing the following information:
- A revision level must be included in the filename.
- We have the capability to read Dwg, Dxf., IGES and SolidWorks file formats.
- 2-D files, such as prints, should be sent in DXF format.
- Unless there is a need for bend radii to be different, all bends should have the same radius. Bend radii not specified will be .03 or .130 depending upon material thickness. Bend relief not shown on CAD files will be left to our discretion.
- Material thickness, material type and specification. (For example: 0.063” thk. 5052-H32 Aluminum).
- Hardware type, manufacturer, location, and installation direction. Hardware drawn in the CAD file is preferred. Holes for hardware should be drawn to the spec that the hardware manufacturer recommends.
- A parts list for assemblies including file name, part number and revision, and description.
- If assembly is required, a 3-D file specifying which parts are to be assembled and by what method. (For example: rivet, spot weld, etc.).
- If rivets are to be used, what type (pop rivet, flathead, etc.) and installation side.
- Finish requirements. Paint or powder specifications, anodize, etc.
When you need it tomorrow - it will be done today